Tokyo Dawn Labs release the SimuLathe product range (virtual disk mastering)
SimuLathe “Cut” Edition is a precise simulation of the disk mastering process. With its specialized preprocessors, a precise virtual disk cutting lathe, several turntable pickup models, and extensive means of metering/analysis, this audio plugin acts like a second cutting room.
Detailed calibration features allow for most disk cutting systems to be replicated with surprising accuracy, in turn unleashing an impressive professional potential: Predictable disk authoring, precise space usage estimation, improved audio quality control. Time efficient exploration of groove excursion, width, land, and velocity hotspots, optimizing operational safety throughout the production process.
The ability to generate audible and shareable test cuts immensely simplifies logistics, communication, helps smooth out the most challenging customer demands. SimuLathe’s unique geometrically aware limiters and mastering grade monitoring abilities improve consistency and shorten turnaround time.
Rather than emulating the wear and ageing of a specific real world setup, SimuLathe focuses on precise modelling of the physically feasible. Much like a good monitoring speaker, it builds on physical neutrality to put all statistical odds onto the operator favour.
Supporting modern audio plugin hosts, this complete disk production laboratory embeds smoothly into modern production environments.
- Precise virtual disk cutting lathe, fully parametric
- Advanced audio processor section with modern highpass, lowpass and elliptical filter options, and a unique set of limiters directly operating on groove excursion, groove width and velocity
- Extensive metering section: Groove excursion, width and velocity; Gain on disk, stereo width and more
- Three physically modelled turntable pickups for monitoring and creation of shareable test cuts
- A groove microscope allows for inspecting the “physical” groove with greatest accuracy, in all dimensions
- Detailed disk inspection using heatmaps for Excursion, Width, Velocity and Land
- Excellent matching to VMS66, DJR Discomp, VMS80, FloKaSon (Pitch98, Pitch13, Pitch18), traditional pitch computers and all fixed pitch systems.
- Multi side/multi disk support
- Support for imperial and metric units throughout the UI
More Info: https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-simulathe-cut/